Saturday 1 February 2014

Singing in the rain

I had the mother of all bad ideas today.  What did I do? I bought groceries on a rainy day.  On foot.

Malta.  An island that doesn't have winter so much as 3 months of flash floods.  It is actually possible for the town most notorious for flooding to flood a foot in 15 minutes - at least, it did when I used to work there [and I'm actually willing to bet on a shorter time-frame].  It is also possible for a tiny hilltop village, my current home town, to flood 3 inches in 15 minutes.

But I didn't know that before I headed out to a local grocer.

I am drenched.  I may have changed out of my sopping, soaking, sodden clothes and squelching shoes and into warm dry ones, but I can't shake the feeling of having walked through a thin waterfall.  If I had known this would happen, I wouldn't have bothered showering before I left.  Or washing my hair last night.




Did I mention my jacket's zip broke? Haha! Haha! Ha!



NEVER AGAIN.  Somebody get me a cup of tea and a hair drier.  And for the love of god, folks, avoid going outside when it's raining hard in Malta.

Steaming by the heater,

Sincerely,

Macs

No comments:

Post a Comment